As you finish 3 levels you end up in a rocky terrace. The weather god was just awesome on that day of our anniversary. We took off our jackets, put our sunglasses, and just lay there in each other’s arms for sometime. At that moment, nothing was so important for us. We let the silence rule us for brief moments, as we basked under the glory of sun. You know how it will be to sleep with the sun rays falling on your eyes at 1.00 pm. People say its not the best sun-rays. But we din’t care just that day. After some rest and soulful sun-rays hard-hitting our skin, we had our left over snacks and juices, gave one last look at the sea, the mountains, the cactus, the people and surrounding houses. We mentally bid them goodbye, thanking them for the wonderful time, and started to walk down.
It must have been 17 or 18 degrees, but felt really hot like 28. May be because we were wearing cardigans and jeans. I wished I had taken my cotton pants and sunscreen lotion!
Lanes of Eze Village and restaurant overlooking coast on top of the hill
There were plenty of Cafes and Restaurants around this little place. We raised a glass of champagne to celebrate our 5th year anniversary, S had a special customized pizza, I had my Penna Arrabiata and a warm apple cake topped with Vannila icecream.
There are plenty of things to do in this little village. I enjoyed looking at the souvenirs, art galleries and boutique shops around, then left to take the free guided tour at Fragonard Perfume factory. One can also visit the church, or Galimard soap factory as well. We left the village behind at around 5.00pm to go back to our Hotel in Nice. The day that had gone, had been the best day so far, and very special too!
1) Eze is well connected from Nice and Monaco. There are buses 100,112 and 82 that stop at Eze village itself (1 Euro one way).
2) You can also take the coastal train, which stops at the coast, but it’s a bit of a trek from there to climb up the village.
3) Taxis are overrated, so it’s best to avoid them.
4) Some of the souvenir shops are also expensive, so always look out for few shops, compare the price and then buy.
5) There are plenty of restaurants that suit all kinds of budgets.
6) There is also car parking right near the tourist information center but during summer it gets overcrowded it seems.
7) There are crazy number of poster ads inviting you for a 15 minute Ferrari drive. Very expensive and can be ignored.